maandag 13 april 2015

A location for the beehives gets chosen

Nothing happened for a couple of months. I was already getting sort of disappointed as I was quite taken with the idea of the Polranny Pirates being host to bees. Then one morning a white van stopped at the house and father and son Stevens emerged. They were in the neighborhood and Timothy decided to take a look at the garden and see if it was fit for bees. I showed them the three possible locations that I had sought out. Timothy’s preferred spot was fortunately the same as mine: the area along the west fence. ‘The bees are still hibernating, but as soon as we have had a couple of days with temperatures over 15 degrees I’ll bring a few hives,’ Timothy promised. ‘That is usually after Saint Patrick’s Day.’ He added. Saint Patrick’s Day came and went, but temperatures stayed low.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten